5 shoots of fatsia, 50g sweet pumpkin, 50g broccoli, ½ cup flour, 1T perilla powder, ½T starch, 1t traditional soy sauce, a pinch of salt, 1t sesame seeds, 1t sesame oil, frying oil (1T perilla oil + 1T cooking oil)
1. Trim the fatsia shoots and blanch with salt. Rinse in cold water and wring dry. Marinate with soy sauce and sesame oil.
2. Sift flour, perilla flour and starch. Prepare batter by mixing with water and ½ t soy sauce. Keep the batter relatively thin for easy cooking.
3. Julienne sweet pumpkin into thin strips and stir-fry in high heat in frying pan. Salt to taste.
4. Coat the pan with frying oil mix, and after wiping off the oil, create a thin crepe with 1T of batter mixture in a circular motion.
5. Stuff the thin crepe with fatsia shoots and sweet pumpkin.
6. Blanch broccoli in boiling water. Dry and mince broccoli, to serve with fatsia shoots and sweet pumpkin crepes.
7. Serve with vinegar soy sauce dip:
1) Mince green and red hot peppers, without seeds.
2) Squeeze excess water out of the peppers, and add to a mixture of 1T soy sauce, 1T prune juice, 1T vinegar, 1T sesame seeds.
For a good crepes mixture, fry sweet pumpkins in a high heat for the water to evaporate. You may substitute fatsia shoots with other greens, sprouts or sesame leaves etc.